Just so you know i'm not depending on the shakes as my cure all for losing weight. I do a few different workout routines and mix it up each day. Sometimes i
only workout for half an hour a day on a trampoline as the trampoline will work out the whole body after that i will go outside and walk the dog.
I have the perfect workout for coach potatoes everywhere!
Do your workouts during commercial breaks. I usually will do crunches during
the commercial breaks figure 2 hours watching TV 7 commercial breaks per hour
will give you 14 sets to mix in push ups, sit ups, if you have a pull up bar pull ups..
Now a shake recipe that will wow you with taste here again i mix it up a bit
to keep things interesting tweak things a bit each day to not get bored.
You can omit any ingredients you don't like or don't have and add your own
this is just 1 of my examples.
Handful of strawberries, handful of blueberries, half a banana, 1 apple,
5 tablespoons Greek yogurt or organic yogurt can be plain or Vanilla
1 scoop of protein powder, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 teaspoon organic
coconut oil, 1 cup organic milk, 1 tablespoon your favorite honey or agave
or maple syrup, Ice cubes.
Put all ingredients in blender blend up if you don't want a creamy shake
don't add the milk and substitute the milk for your favorite juice.
I usually fill the blender all the way to the top and save the leftovers
in the freezer and this makes a good icy treat the next day.
I'm going to go over this particular list of ingredients and why i choose them.
You may have different views on these ingredients and your feedback is encouraged.
- Strawberries taste great and have lots of vitamin C.
- Blueberries are great for brain health and have lots of antioxidants taste great also.
- Apple a day keeps the Dr. away? Fresh blended apples add to the flavor and fiber.
- I use organic yogurt whole some think the higher % is counter productive to weight gain. While this maybe true of milk i think the beneficial properties in yogurt outweigh the lower % as some studies have shown no fat and low fat to be more harmful plus the taste is better.
- Protein powder i added it as i didn't want my shakes to only be fruity for muscle gain.
- Almond butter great for the brain, more protein and healthy skin costs a little more than peanut butter i like the complexity of the taste it adds to the shake. If you do use peanut butter find a peanut butter that is only peanuts.
- Organic virgin coconut oil if i would have told you this this 5 years ago i would have been laughed at though now many people have found coconut oil helps them lose weight even many athletes incorporate coconut oil into their stir fry vegetables and shakes.
- Organic milk you can use soy milk, almond milk, Cows milk is best organic once again i'm using whole milk and if you use 2 % or lower that's OK.
- I'm a firm believer of using honey that is produced from bees locally the closer to your house the better! The honey will provide you immunity from getting sick. Honey is a better alternative than sugar by far. You could also try using real maple syrup or agave nectar.
- Ice cubes because i like things cold and frosty. Avoid tap water ice cubes if you can and use purified water for your ice cubes.